Mr Niazi is a senior surgeon with over 10 years of Post-training Surgical experience in General Surgery and subspecialized in Upper GI & Bariatric Surgery.
After being qualified as a General Surgeon in 2006, Mr Niazi has had two additional fellowship trainings:
1. Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology (Skin cancer) Fellowship at Tweed heads & John Flynn Hospitals
2. Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery Fellowship at St George Hospital, Sydney
During his surgical career, Mr Niazi always been involved in teaching, research and innovation; having lectured at a number of medical schools including Bond University, Griffith University and University of NSW, and has played an instrumental role in developing and introducing Gastric Plication in the area of Bariatric surgery in the world, and first introducing it in Australia.
Mr Niazi is a passionate patient advocate, a generous teacher and has particular skill in Laparoscopic (Key hole) Surgeries.
Mr Niazi’s areas of expertise considering his dual Fellowships include but not limited to:
• Bariatric surgeries (Weight loss Surgery): Lap banding, Sleeve Gastrectomy & Gastric Bypass
• Upper GI Surgery: Oesophagus, Stomach, Intestine, division of Adhesions, Reflux disease& Hiatus hernia
• Gall Bladder Surgery and Biliary tract
• Lap/ Open Hernia surgery: Umbilical, Inguinal, Ventral & Incisional Hernias, Hiatal Hernia
• Thyroid & Parathyroid surgeries including minimally invasive Parathyroidectomy
• Skin & Soft tissue Lesions; Lipomas, Lumps &Bumps, and Skin Cancers requiring excision, Graft or Flaps